Saturday 4 October 2014

VK9AN Christmas Island



The team consisting of Rob/N7QT and Melanie/AB1UH were on a small, suitcase mini-DXpedition to Christmas Island for a period of about 2 weeks.

The propagation between South Africa and that part of the world is normally very challenging due to the near polar path with all its associated problems.

I was very pleased to have worked them on 6 band slots with my mediocre station. This is no doubt due to the patience and superior skills of the operators.

I was equally pleased to see that they diligently used ClubLog throughout the expedition and the cherry on the top is that all my QSOs are already confirmed on LoTW.

This is the type of DX expedition I would gladly support with a small donation. Oddly enough I see no request for such and no provision was made for that either.

IMHO This is Ham spirit at its best.



No comments:

Post a Comment