Saturday, 4 October 2014

VK9AN Christmas Island



The team consisting of Rob/N7QT and Melanie/AB1UH were on a small, suitcase mini-DXpedition to Christmas Island for a period of about 2 weeks.

The propagation between South Africa and that part of the world is normally very challenging due to the near polar path with all its associated problems.

I was very pleased to have worked them on 6 band slots with my mediocre station. This is no doubt due to the patience and superior skills of the operators.

I was equally pleased to see that they diligently used ClubLog throughout the expedition and the cherry on the top is that all my QSOs are already confirmed on LoTW.

This is the type of DX expedition I would gladly support with a small donation. Oddly enough I see no request for such and no provision was made for that either.

IMHO This is Ham spirit at its best.



1 comment:

  1. Good blog you got... like the postings....

    Anyways, I go to John Jay College of Criminal Justice and for one of my classes my assignment is to get users to our mass media classes radio broadcasts. It's actually a pretty decent radio show. Anyways, I would really appreciate it if you and/or other people you know would listen to it... its only a few min long.... we would appreciate your feedback on it. In exchange for this, our class (our at least the group I am in) will try to get more viewers to your blog...

    We got a live broadcast Thursday.... here is link for it:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17txpag0qC0

    To view it copy and paste link into browser on Thursday at 11:00 A.M.

    appreciate your input.

    You can respond to my comment on baimsblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete