Monday 17 October 2011

T32C Kiritimati DX Expedition




I had a very pleasant start to my day.

This morning I went looking for T32C and found them with a fairly weak signal on 18 MHz.

I dropped my call once and immediately they responded after the first attempt. The real RST was only 439 so the operator must have exceptional abilities IMHO. 

I would have been over the moon if it was with QRP, but alas it was with high power and a poor antenna.

The online log showed the QSO as logged within minutes of our contact. I am also pleased to see that they will be uploading to LoTW within 6 months. Based on this I think I will make a small donation to them.

Now, I am greedy and will see if I can work them on more bands. I was hoping to catch them on 15 or 10 meters, but nothing heard yet.

10M has been alive with activity all day. This is so nice to see.

73


No comments:

Post a Comment